Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Resolutions

This is the quintessential New Year's Resolutions post.
But, before I get started on this year, let's debrief 2010.

Last year, my resolutions were to:
Drink less Diet coke- Accomplished...pregnancy nipped that in the bud
Floss my teeth every other day- That lasted until March.
Try new things- Accomplished...Pickled herring (sick), water aerobics (good), spin class (excellent), lots of new recipes (some good, some not), not to mention all of the newness that comes with pregnancy and motherhood

In 2011 my goals are to:
Run a 5K- Now, this may not be a large goal for many people but, for me it will be exceptionally difficult. For one, I have never been able to run even one lap around the track, not even in school...never. ever. ever. For two- it hurts my knees and ankles for days...not like sore muscles...but sore joints. BUT---I'm going to do it. My goal is to run a 5K during Breast Cancer Awareness month. My grandmother and aunt have both survived it and it would be in honor of them.

The next thing I am going to do is visit 2 people in a local nursing home every week. I went last week and filled out my paperwork and am waiting on a phone call. I want to build relationships with 2 people who do not usually have visitors. I will be bring Carson, so they need to be appreciative of children and not sick with something contagious. I hope that this turns out to be a worthy endeavor.

Leave C in the nursery during MOPS and Bible study. YiKeS! This will be the toughest of the resolutions but, I think it will be good for the both of us. I will be able to enjoy some mommy time and he will learn to be ok in the care of others. Still, it will be brutal.

What are your goals this year?

In other news...
WE LEFT CARSON WITH MY PARENTS OVERNIGHT FOR NEW YEAR'S EVE!
Wow was it hard but, wow was it awesome! It was so fun to have a night to just be Ross and Kacie and not Mom and Dad. We went to the beach with friends and that night the boys had their annual almost-die-blowing-things-up-marathon. Here are some pics of the fun! I'm not going to even attempt to explain them. We'll just say that there were costumes. There were laughs. There was fun.









1 comment:

The Fenner's said...

Running a 5 K is a great goal. It was mine. To run the Turkey trot on Thanksgiving I actually did 2!!. Though I played soccer in HS, I hate running. I found a great program. C25K ( couch to 5 K) it's a 9 week program, and I LOVED it. You can get the App for your iphone if you have one. Also, Runkeeper PRO (usually 9.99) is giving that app away free in January. It's a cool program that tells you your distances and stuff as your going, as well as your pace. You can do it. Remember though baby really shouldn't be in a jogger until at least 6 months! Good luck, it's pretty addicting!