Monday, January 31, 2011

Mom Jeans

I’m officially back down to pre-preggie weight! **cheers from the crowd**

Unfortunately, and NOT as I expected, I still have a closet full of clothes that do not fit. I thought that pre-preggie weight would = pre-preggie clothes. Hahahahaha. Nope. Not even close.

So now, still about a size bigger than BC (Before Carson), I have no clue how to dress myself. I don’t know if I’m “allowed” to dress the same as before now that I’m a mom. I don’t know what looks good. And, I don’t know how to dress this weird new body. I need a stylist, like pronto. Clinton Kelly, please?

I’ll go into the stores that I used to shop at frequently (mainly Ann Taylor Loft, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Target) and I feel totally lost, totally out of place. I’ll wander around confused, and then leave empty handed. In my former, baby-less life, I felt pretty good…ok, decent, at navigating the fashion scene. Now, I’m like a blind person, clumsily feeling my way around with a cane.

Hopefully I will continue to lose weight (I’m working on it) and will be able to ease back into my old clothes and back into the fashion scene super soon. In the meantime, here are some looks that I’ve been crushing on.


Old Navy


Loft

Anthropologie

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Yeah for you.... !!! Your so awesome...

I always got back in Ry stuff but Cades.. not so much...

even if the # on the scale was the same... the body shape wasn't.... I finally just purged a lot of those clothes....

But your way more dedicated than I.. you can do it.

and cute cute cute stuff all of it.. I doubt your clumsy at all navigating all that.

Christy said...

All cute choices. It is hard after you stay home and try to figure out how to be comfortable and not sloppy all at the same time. :) I often try to channel Clay & Stacy as well. :)

Stefani said...

I feel ya! I was surprised with that same thing after I had Makayla. But props for being back down to pre-baby weight. It took a lot longer for me, both times!