Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dear baby boy,

Night before last, May 10, we found out that we were going to be having a SON! A SON. Wow. Your daddy has been walking around with a huge smile on his face, whistling and humming, so incredibly proud and happy. We have been telling each other, “You’re going to have a SON!” And then we smile and laugh and hug. I wish that you could see the smile on your daddy’s face. He just can’t stop! We are so happy about having you in our lives. We are beyond thrilled! Your daddy is going to have a son and I’m going to have “my boys.” Daddy says that I’m outnumbered but I see it as having more boys to protect and love me!!

Before we even left the parking lot of the ultrasound, we called all of our family members! They’re SO happy!! Sarah and Stephen really wanted you to be a boy so that they can teach you about outdoorsy stuff. Pops wants to teach you to fish and Nana just wants to love on you as much as possible! Papoo and Yaya can’t wait! Papoo thought you’d be a girl and Yaya predicted correctly. She said that she won  Maw keeps texting me that she’s over the moon. Doc didn’t say much; he usually takes a few days to process big news. He did say, however, that he wants to take you hiking and camping like he did for your daddy. Baby boy, you are loved. You are loved. You are loved. You have so many people praying for you and your safe arrival. You. Are. Loved.

Yesterday we got to tell our coworkers and I told my students. My teammates and I wore blue to tell the kiddos! They all rushed up the stairs in the morning to see what I was wearing. I told them that I’d either wear blue or pink, depending on what we found out! You should have seen their faces and excitement! The only bad thing is that I lost the bet and have to watch Star Wars! But for you, baby, anything!

And, by the way, you moved around so much today! I don’t know if it was what I ate, or if you just wanted me to know you were there, but I fully enjoyed feeling you dance around in there.

Love,
Momma

2 comments:

Jan said...

Congratulations to you both! What a lucky little boy!

Kimberly Wagner said...

Annnd I'm tearing up. So sweet Kacie!