Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sew Much Fun!!

The past few days have been pretty much devoted to my mother-in-law (re)teaching me how to sew. My mother taught me when I was little and I know how, but we have been learning how to use my new machine! She has been teaching me how to applique and to quilt! We have made super cute appliqued dish towels and started quilting some pillows. It's my first try ever with quilting, so I'm pretty happy about the results. My head is spinning with all that I have learned and now I have a mile-long list of projects to start!

This dish towel is not finished yet.


Dish towel #1


The first thing I ever quilted!! It is going to be the top for a pillow case, but it's not done yet.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

ohhh Kacie, Im ever so impressed for your first project how cute are these dish towels...
seriously...

but the pillow cases I can't even believe you did this in one day.. yeah for you.

It took me at least 4 to get my quilt topper done... it was SOO much sewing...

Leslie said...

ohhh btw
regarding your comment
I am a nap nazi, but not that bad! :) and would love for you to see them more..

and I have been missing you too... wish we could be neighbors and actually get to "do life" togethor.

That Pink Girl said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your cupcake towel is too cute!!!

Lacey said...

Those are the CUTEST dish towels ever!!!