Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lazy Sunday

I woke up this morning at 9:33. I said to myself, "I'll go back to sleep for 10 minutes so that I can still make it to church on time at 11." I woke up at 1:00 in the afternoon. Well, crap.

Later on, Ross and I took Lexi (the puppy) to pick up some tacos and took them to the park. We sat by the pond, ate our tacos and watched the ducks. We then went for a walk around the pond and watched Lexi chase dragonflies and leaves. She's pretty cute. We came home just before it started pouring down rain. Lexi and I took a nap during the storm on the living room floor while Ross watched Harry Potter. She cuddled up next to me and I acted like I was protecting her from the lightening and thunder. <3


While Ross continued his Harry Potter marathon, I got the itch to cook...and cook I did! I baked Leslie's recipe for chocolate chip cookies and I added Heath Bar crumbles. Then I made spicy chicken and rice casserole and some fresh squash. It was fun!!


Now we are all cuddling on the couch....still watching Harry Potter.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

sounds like a great Sunday.... :)
and the puppy is oh so cute.

Leslie said...

still can't leave comments on hubby approved.. but we totally make the same pasta salad all the time too, to use up leftovers.... we used to used the pesto from the grocer store, until we tried Costco's.... its heavenly. Try it.