Sunday, January 10, 2010

[25]

Ross,
Today you are 25. It's kinda a big birthday, a whole quarter century! While you were 24 we celebrated our 2 year anniversary, purchased our first home and decided to start trying to have a baby! I'll say it was a pretty big year! I cannot wait to see what number 2-5 has to bring! Instead of giving you birthday spankings, one for each year you are old, I am going to tell you 25 things that I love about you!

1- You love the great outdoors. You have done so much hiking, camping, etc and I love that you have those experiences...even if we don't live in an area that has much to offer for that.
2- Every night you check, and double check that the doors are locked and that the alarm is set. You keep me safe!
3- In the mornings you get me packed up for school, because as you know, I'd forget something.
4- I love when you laugh so hard that your face gets all red and you pinch between your eyes, because Heaven forbid, you shed a tear!!
5- I love that you are tall because it makes me feel small and safe.
6- I love that you help others all of the time.
7- I love that you have the patience to be my family's personal "I.T. guy"
8- I love that you let me have my own craft room in our house!
9- I love that you do dishes, no matter what, and that you kick me out of the kitchen so that you can clean up!
10- I love that you have an internal compass and can figure out how to get places when I am totally, 100% lost.
11- I love that our friends call you "Dad" because you are so smart. It really makes me happy!!
12- I love that we met and started dating in high school and never even broke up once!
13- I love how much thought and effort went in to you proposing to me. I mean, wow.
14- I love that you spoil me sometimes. I never have been one to be swooned by material things, but when you splurge on little sparkly things that I clearly don't need, it makes me feel like a princess.
15- I love that you were a boyscout, and that I now attribute every bit of your outdoors-common sense to it!
16- I love that you are a hard worker, even when your job is not what you love.
17- I love that you make the world's best fried eggs and that I cannot, for the life of me, flip an egg without busting the yolk.
18- Speaking of eggs, I love when you wake me up on Saturday mornings with breakfast made, let me eat and then let me go back to sleep!! L-O-V-E it.
19- I love when you sneak up behind me, wrap your arms around me and nuzzle your head onto my neck and hair. I get chills even thinking about it.
20- I love how you kiss my forehead, ever so gently, when I have a headache and for that moment, all of the pain ceases to exist.
21- I love that you admire babies when we are out. I think it is manly and sexy.
22- I love that when I'm in your arms I am safe.
23- I love that you know everything about computers and all things electronic and have the passion to keep all of ours running....and you like it!
24- I love that you are so patient with me, especially when I have "girl-time" breakdowns. You know that I get upset and say the wrong things, but you are kind enough to understand what I am really trying to say. For that, I am eternally grateful.
25- Hmmmm, this has to be a really good one.....but all I can think about is that I love you because you are you. I love all of your little quirky behaviors, your weird faces that you make when you watch tv or play video games. I love that you still play video games, even though we are supposed to be adults now (I think). I love that you are so kind, patient and loving. I love that you are the man of the house. I love that you are my provider, my solemate, my rock. I love that I can curl up and cry in your arms when I need to (like when we find out each month that we are not preggers). I love that you are willing to drive so far to visit with my family. I love that you make me feel special and still open doors for me...and even get mad if I do it for myself. I love to hear you talk about work or tech things....You are so stinkin smart!! I love that you are ready to start a family. I love that you are willing to let me stay home to be with our babies. I love that you realize why that is the most important thing in the entire world. I love that you are so responsible and prepared. I could go on and on and on and on, but instead, I'm going to curl up on the couch with you and enjoy this bday morning. I love you.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Awwwwww- so sweet. Happy Birthday, Ross! Out of all that, flipping the egg without breaking the yolk is what most impresses me. :o) Otto can do that too. How do they do it?!?!?!?!

Kimberly Wagner said...

Kacie - such a sweet post! I hope Ross has a wonderful birthday!

Christy said...

Ahhh so sweet and such a thoughtful gift for your husband. i am inspired to do a "40's" list for my husband this summer. :)