Thursday, September 30, 2010

CRAVING

This recipe is from my Hubby Approved Recipes blog and I can't get enough of it! I have already made it twice this week! It is, by far, the thing that I have craved the most during the pregnancy. Yummy!!!


Ingredients
Salad
* 1/2 bag of cole slaw cabbage mix
* 1/2 bag of lettuce shreds
* 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped into bite sized pieces
* 1 sliced cucumber
* Chopped cilantro- a lot
* Chopped green onions- a lot
* 2 cups thinly sliced store-bought rotisserie chicken (about 2 small chicken breasts)

Dressing (I don't know about these measurements anymore...since I make it so much, I just wing it now)
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
* 1/4 tsp minced ginger
* Sprinkle of garlic powder
* Sriracha chili sauce to taste
* 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, optional
* 1/2 pack of crumbled ramen noodles, for garnish

Directions
For the salad, mix all salad ingredients and chicken.

For the dressing- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic powder, chili sauce, and sugar until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Garnish with the ramen noodles and serve.

No comments: