Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cheap spring wreath

I finally took down my autumn colored wreath and made this semi-tacky-Mexican-fiesta-looking one for spring. I think it is cheerful and it makes me happy, so it's staying up for a while. Plus, the wreath was $2.50, the letter cost $1.33 and the fabric and bling came from my stash! What a deal!




I also wrapped our wreath hanger with jute to give it an updated look. That may be my favorite part!




The other super helpful tip I have is to stick thumb tacks in the back of what you need to paint...like this...




That way you don't have to hold it and get tons of paint on your hands! What a simple (and free) solution!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Nicely done - it looks great!

Christy said...

Ohhh I want to make one now too! Great job girl. :)