Sunday, May 15, 2011

26 and my amazing husband

Today I woke up a year older. It's a weird feeling, too. I mean, I have never though much about my age, but last night I realized that 25 sounds really young and for some reason, 26 sounds pretty old! (now--I KNOW that 26 isn't old...I know...Just let me have my moment.) I think more than anything, having a child has made this age difference thing feel a bit more substantial. But now, onto more important things---

My birthday went something like this:
10:09am- Ross wakes me up with birthday cake pancakes in bed! The baby was napping, I was eating sprinkles in bed and all was right with the world :)


10:25am- Ross gives me my super-duper thoughtful presents. Do you remember how I had asked him for a lap giraffe? (which I later learned is an internet hoax---sad day) Well, he went to SIX stores and finally found me my very own! Before I tell you the next thing, you have to know that I always have cold toes and so I always, always have socks on. Then he said, "Do you remember about 2 or 3 months ago...we were in the study and you were sewing. You said that your feet always got cold when you are sewing because you have to take your socks off because they slipped on the pedal. Well, I got you these socks with little grippers on the bottom! That way your toes won't be cold." So sweet! Finally, he told me that I needed to get out of bed and get ready because I had an appointment for a massage! Yay!!


12:45pm- Ross drops me off at my massage.

1:00-2:00pm- Pure heaven. It was the best massage I have ever had.

2:00pm- We went and ate a fat hamburger. And fries. And it was delicious.

3:00pm- Ross drops me off at Loft and I shoppity-shop while he takes care of a screaming baby. He told me, in no uncertain terms, that I was to enjoy myself and take my time. When I got done, they were sitting in the back of the car beside a pond, playing with toys and baby was a happy camper.

4:00pm- We come home. Baby naps. We lay in back yard and take in the sun.

Evening- Sew/tv/shower/blog. Ross had everything set to make me the dinner of my choice, his special Lemon Pasta, but we were still pretty full from lunch...and maybe some cake...

Perfection.

He is amazing and so very, very thoughtful and
he knows that to me, it really is the thought that counts.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

good man. good man. good man.
you deserve it.

sounds like a super beyond thoughtful day...

happy 26.

Jessica said...

What a great day! Happy Birthday, Kacie...one day late! :o)

Tara said...

Aww...how swwet! What a great hubby! Happy Birthday!!

Sarah said...

Can't wait to make those pancakes! :) and I love the giraffe!

Christy said...

ahhh Happy Birthday girl. I am glad your husband loved you up and blessed you on your special day. Sounds like your husband did good. :)