Saturday, June 5, 2010

El Tajin

One of the coolest places I've ever been is El Tajin, Veracruz, Mexico. During college, my uncle got married to the most precious lady in the world. She's from Poza Rica, Mexico, where he was working at the time. So....when they got married we took an adventurous family vacation south of the border, way south, like 16 hours south of the border. We went to Poza Rica, Veracruz, Xalapa, Costa Esmerelda, and others. We caravaned and had an amazing cultural experience. It was not the resort type of Mexico that you usually think of; it was the real thing! Undisturbed beaches, volcanoes, little barbocoa stands on the sides of the road...it was incredible! We learned so much!!!

One of my favorite places was El Tajin. It's an archeological site with pyramid ruins. It was incredible!!!




We also saw two performances by these men, the Danza de los Voladores. It's some sort of religious ceremony but, I don't remember exactly what it represents. They do it on top of a building in the center of town and it's crazy scary to watch.


(I can't find my pictures from that trip! I'm so sad! I googled to get all of these.)

No comments: