Thursday, June 3, 2010

Baby stuff this week

-On Tuesday, my classes threw me a baby shower. It was incredible! I have 77 students and about 15 parents showed up, too. (biiiig shower for a biiiig baby) The kids were so cute. I had prepped them about how to act at a shower, what to do when I open gifts, etc. They "oooohed and aaaahed" at all of the appropriate times. They handed me presents, they sat politely and commented on the presents. It was perfect. All in all, I had to write 41 thank you notes and got tons of super sweet stuff. I felt totally blessed and humbled.

-After school on Tuesday, I had a dentist appointment for a check up. I hate going to the dentist. I especially hate waiting for the dentist, whom I do not want to see. Well, I was waiting and waiting, getting kinda annoyed but then, the most incredible thing happened!!! HE KICKED! It was so clear and sweet! I have felt flutters before but nothing like this. He kept on kicking and kicking and I loved it! It was on the right side, under my belly button (just so I can remember it). I immediately called Ross to tell him. The rest of the wait didn't feel that long at all! Yeah!

-I don't think that my belly has grown that much lately. I feel like it popped a few weeks ago and now is staying the same. I mean, the scale wouldn't agree with me, but I think it's staying the same. It doesn't feel big at all right now. I think I've gotten used to it.

-I've been craving macaroni and cheese and Mexican food.

-I wake up ravenous in the morning. I mean, I just can't get to the food fast enough.

-I've felt really good the last few days. I hardly even feel preggers, except for the shortness of breath and getting light headed.

Next post...pictures of our busy weekend sprucing up the house! Office/craft room and breakfast room are done!

No comments: