Thursday, March 3, 2011

Heavy heart

This is a heavy heart topic. I am struggling to even write it without crying.

I have noticed in the past few days that Carson's left eye is drifting inward. It doesn't happen all of the time...like mainly when he's tired...or it's late...or stuff like that. But, I'm super scared.

The problem is this...I have an underdeveloped optic nerve and am legally blind in my left eye, something that most people don't know about me. I function completely fine (except for the increased amount of times I run into things due to lack of depth perception) and since I've had it from birth, I don't know any different. For me, it's no big deal. For my baby to possibly have it BECAUSE of me...killer.

It has only been going on for 3 days and hopefully I am overreacting. We went to the pediatrician yesterday and they referred us to a pediatric ophthalmologist. We go in the morning. I. Am. Terrified.

Please pray for miraculous healing. Please pray that the Lord intervenes and heals the muscle that is not functioning properly. Please pray that I can hold it together and that I will have peace.

My mom sent me this verse yesterday and it has been quite comforting for me heart...

Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh, is anything too difficult for me? Jeremiah 32:27

When I think of it in accordance to this verse, Carson's eye is no big deal for the Lord! He can fix it in a flash! Nothing is too difficult for our God.

2 comments:

Jaci said...

Praying for you guys. No matter what, God has Carson in His hands.

Leslie said...

oh Kac.
adding Cars to our kitchen wall and we will be praying...
non stop for his eye and for wisdom tomorrow ..
love youall... let us know