Wednesday, June 1, 2011

why

Why is it that we hurt the ones we love the most?

Why is it, that when I am upset, frustrated and just plain cranky, that I take it out on my husband?

Why is this such a hard lesson to learn?

Why do I do it over and over and over, and then spend the next few days absolutely hating myself?

You would think that I would learn my lesson...learn to bite my tongue...learn to express my frustration in a constructive way....but no. I don't. I continue to spit fire in the heat of the moment and then cry in the shower.

I apologize. I tell him how wrong, mean, and ugly I was. I ask for forgiveness that I don't deserve. The thing is, I know he forgives me...but I still hurt him....and that's worse than anything....anything in the world. And bleepin bleep....I did it again.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I know right! Why? I think the answer for me is because my husband is my best friend and I love him so much it hurts sooooooo with that I also know he's a safe place. He's not going anywhere; he's proven he's safe and secure. He loves me even in my ugly phases and when I fall short. He knows I will grow from each "goof" and the same goes for me; he's not perfect but I love him in his "ick" moments.